Any type of energy that we collect from the natural resources of the world is known as renewable energy. One of the key characteristic of this energy type is that it replenishes with passing time period. Some common types of renewable energy include the ones derived from sunlight, winds, water waves, tidal waves and other such naturally occurring resources.
Utilization of Renewable Energy:
Renewable form of energy is used in various ways in the world. Most common function is generating electricity for residential and commercial usage. Heating and cooling systems for building and regulation of water temperature are also often powered by natural resources. A latest and more environment friendly usage of this form of energy is the off grid living in the rural as well as the urban areas of the world.
Wide spread resource in the world:
Resources used for obtaining renewable energy come from various parts of the world. Being geographically spread in different regions, some countries have larger opportunities to benefit from them while other is deprived of such natural resources and hence have to rely on more costly forms of energy. With the growing importance of environment protection and green living practices, more and more countries are opting for application and implementation of renewable energy resources.Renewable energy projects are becoming more common and popular in both developing as well as developed countries of the world.
Advantages of using renewable energy:
Their utilization on the larger scale ensures that countries can benefit from the following advantages:
- Using renewable energy ensures that environmental damage and climate change is the least. More pollution is created when use nonrenewable energy resources. Hence by using this form of energy we can reduce global warming, carbon emission and environmental damage to our planet.
- Economic aspects of any project are the major area of concern for the investors. Renewable energy and the projects powered by this energy resource are far more cheaper and cost effective than utilization of non-renewable energy coming from fossil fuels and gases. Therefore countries which use renewable energy are more economically successful than those dependent on other energy types.
- The energy policies of countries are decided at national and state levels. Their application and implementation are mostly on long term basis. So if a country opts using renewable energy it is have certainty about its energy resources for a longer period of time. Naturally occurring resources that replenish on their own over time ensure that they are not depleted easily and provide more certainty to the country’s future.
- Being more environmental friendly and safe energy resource, the renewable energy ensures that people’s health is not adversely affected. It is better for the well-being of the society.
- The renewable energy resources are abundant in quantity and the danger of quick depletion or extinction is very rare.
These were some of the great benefits that a country can achieve on a national level by using renewable energy for its electricity and power generation requirements. To accomplish these benefits, countries and their governments should encourage industrial units to utilize such natural sources of energy.